Oh my, it’s January- and that means that it is time for Ginny’s monthly Yarnalong, yay.
I knit a bunch of radiator mittens for the kids in December and started another crochet sock yarn blanket. This is the place where I found a pattern that I’m using as a guideline.
I cast on 294 + 2 and this blanket will be twin size. I haven’t decided what I’ll do with it yet. Of course I want to keep it, but it feels like something to gift.
I haven’t read much of this book at all in the last month or so. I’m only half way through it. It is a beautifully written book but all the pain in its pages lands a bit too close to home for me.
I’m starting this one today for a fresh start in the New Year and I think when it’s not so gloomy outside my windows or inside my rooms I’ll finish the other.
I didn’t make any resolutions this year. I did write something a bit broody and poetic about 2018 and made a list of longing for 2019 but I have no tidy New Years resolutions to share. It just isn’t that kind of ending/ beginning this go around and that’s okay by me.
Did you make resolutions? Set goals? Have plans for 2019? Do share!
I pray your year is filled with hope and peace for you and yours. And please remember that God is for you.
I’ve just finished Everyone Always by Bob Goff.
Just. Read. It.
It is so good.
I’ve also just finished listening to The Deepest Well by Dr. Nadine Burke Harris.
It is a change-your-life-and-the-way-you-see-yourself-and-others sort of book. Just google Ace scores and toxic stress- Difficult to look at but oh so helpful.
Made these crochet washcloths for some homeless people we’ll meet in Asia soon. Thought it such a great and accidental pattern that I should share it.
You. Are. Welcome.
Joining Ginny over at Yarnalong.
It is #lilyofthevalley stitch.
• Chain 32
• Two double crochets in the fourth chain in- repeat to the last space- and do two double crochets in last space.
• chain three and turn.
• one double crochet in the space between the double crochets below. – one double crochet in the middle chain in bottom (1st chain) – one more double crochet in the same space to the left) Repeat to the last space at end and do two double crochets at end.
• chain 3 and turn
• one double crochet in the space between the three double crochets below. – One double crochet in the top of the middle double crochet below. – One double crochet in the space to the left. – repeat to the last space and do two double crochets at the end.
• chain three and turn.
• Repeat step four to desired squareness of your washcloth- leaving off the last chain 3-
• weave in ends and enjoy!! #freepattern